Excess urinary kryptopyrroles are thought to be the cause of a large percentage of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, ADHA, Autism and more. A simple urinary test is used to detect Pyroluria, which once diagnosed is easy to treat.
What are Kryptopyrroles?
Often people with depression or other mental health disorders demonstrate an abnormal production of a group of chemicals called ‘pyrroles’, which cause elevated Kryptopyrroles to be excreted in the urine. These pyrroles rob the body of vitamin B6 and Zinc causing them to be excreted excessively in the urine. This then leads to nutritional deficiencies of these important nutrients. It is most often seen in females and it is thought that about 10% of the population has pyroluria.
Signs and Symptoms of Pyroluria and Elevated Kryptopyrroles
- Frequent ear infections as a child, as well as colds, fevers and chills.
- Nervous exhaustion
- Poor memory or inability to think clearly
- Mood swings
- Lack of regular periods in girls
- Impotence in males
- Unusual smelling breath and body odor
- Cold hands and feet
- Inability to tolerate drugs and alcohol
- Abdominal pain
- Intolerance to some protein foods, drugs or alcohol
- Morning nausea and constipation
- Difficulty remembering dreams
Identifying People with Pyroluria
- Pale skin, prone to stretch marks.
- A black pyrolurics will have the lightest skin in the family
- A lack of hair on the head, eyebrows and eye lashes
- Teeth in the upper jaw will often be overcrowded (unless orthodontic treatments has taken place) and poor appearance of tooth enamel.
- White marks on fingernails, be opaque and be tissue paper thin.
- Acne, eczema, and herpes may also be present.
Who is at Risk?
There seems to be a familial or genetic component. A family history of mental illness and all-girl families, especially if there is also a history of miscarried boys. Anyone with a mental health condition should be checked for elevated Kryptopyrroles.
Pyroluria is very easy to treat once diagnosed, and may be an underlying cause in many cases of depression that are unresponsive to anti-depressant treatments.
Start Your Wellness Journey
Get In Touch with us today
We offer a free 15 minute consultation for all new customers.
Enquire about any of our services and book a consultation with one of our specialist therapists.