What is PCO/S?
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a very common endocrine disorder that is thought to affect approximately 1 in 5 women in the reproductive years.
What causes PCOS?
Because PCOS involves changes to your bodies insulin resistance and hormonal imbalances, PCOS should be taken seriously.
It increases risk of
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Cardiovascular disease
- Complications during pregnancy (Gestational diabetes, Gestational hypertension)
- Endometrial cancer
How can Melbourne Wellness help Treat PCOS?
As PCO/S is a complex endocrine disorder with multiple possible causes and symptoms, the treatment needs to be individualised to your specific situation. As a Naturopath, we look at your condition in a holistic way to identify the root causes.
We will work together to
- Regulate hormonal imbalances
- Reduce the risk and consequences associated with PCO/S
- Relieve symptoms and stress
- Reduce weight
- Heal your gut
- Supporting and Cleansing your liver
This will be done through personalised herbal medicine remedies, nutritional supplementation, meal planning and lifestyle/environmental changes.