Endometriosis affects between 10 and 15 percent of menstruating people between the ages of 24 and 40. Endometriosis often takes years to develop, and is commonly undiagnosed because it’s mistaken for period pain or, often times, dismissed completely.
Some symptoms of Endometriosis include:
- Acute pain before menstruation, which can last for a day or two during menstruation or throughout the month
- Pain during sex
- Infertility & difficulty falling pregnant
- Pain with bladder/bowel function
- Intestinal pain
- Tenderness when affected areas are palpated
- Vomiting, diarrhoea and/or fainting with the intense pelvic/abdominal cramping
- Chronic pain and pressure on the lower back, which may radiate down the legs during menstruation
- Fatigue, especially with menstruation
Naturopaths can help treat Endometriosis by:
- Balancing hormones
- Optimising liver function
- Releasing toxins from your body
- Normalising your body’s immune response
Naturopathy takes a holistic approach to your health, assessing the ‘whole person’ and using diagnostic testing to identify the causes and contributing factors of your condition.
Here’s what you can expect in your Initial Naturopathic consult:
1. Your naturopath will take a thorough case history to determine the cause and severity of your condition.
2. They may recommend hormonal testing and other medical investigations to confirm an Endometriosis diagnosis.
3. Based on this, your Naturopath will advise particular dietary and lifestyle adjustments, as well as prescribing herbal and nutritional medicines tailored specifically to your symptoms and the underlying issue(s).
Extreme period pain is not normal. If you suspect something is not right, our Naturopaths are here to support you in finding your root cause. Give our reception team a call at 8528 2079 and they can help point you in the direction of the practitioner that will suit your needs best.