What is sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin has a thin epidermis which means the skin’s protective barrier isn’t as strong as it could be - irritants and bacteria can penetrate it more easily. The best skincare for sensitive skin works to strengthen and nourish the skin barrier.
Signs your skin is sensitive include:
- Flare-ups of redness and small bumps
- Dry patches and flakiness
- Burns quickly in the sun
- Easily irritated by fragrances and certain ingredients
Conditions like rosacea, dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema are also common. It’s also possible for sensitive skin to be dry/oily/acne-prone at the same time.
The ingredients include:
- DMS: the abbreviation for Dermal Membrane Structure, an active agent complex consisting of sebum compatible triglycerides, shea butter, squalene and phosphatidyl choline
- Urea – increases skin hydration
- Evening Primrose Oil – high content of essential fatty acids, especially gamma linoleic acid and linoleic acid.
These ingredients put together stabilise the skin’s natural hydration balance, strengthens the barrier, and prevents skin irritations and flare-ups!
Novrithren is free of mineral oils, preservatives, perfumes, dyes, amines, silicones, and emulsifiers!
Dermaviduals' Novrithren contains the hero ingredients to combat sensitivity and heal your skin from the outside in!
Written by Skin Specialist & Naturopath, Emily Segal