Hormone and gut balancing antioxidant smoothie
This delicious smoothie, by our Naturopath and Skin specialist Emily Segal, contains ingredients which:
- Support liver and cellular detoxification
- Help regulate sex hormone production
- Improve gut barrier function
- Support a healthy gut microbiome by feeding beneficial gut bacteria
- Are high in antioxidants
Smoothies are a great way to start your day, particularly in the warmer weather! You could halve the ingredients and enjoy this smoothie as a mid-morning or afternoon snack.
- 1 scoop Metagenics Thermophase powder or collagen peptide powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Small handful of wild organic, frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon frozen acai
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 1 tablespoon almond or macadamia butter
- Handful of spinach or kale
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until combined.
- Serve topped with chia seeds, fresh fruit and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
If you want to learn more about what role food plays in balancing your hormones and your gut make an appointment with a naturopath at our Melbourne Wellness Clinic today. Our experienced team creates a tailored program using supplements, food as medicine and lifestyle changes to help you feel your best.