This recipe contains omega 3 fatty acids, mono and polyunsaturated fats, antioxidants, B vitamins, and fibre which all support heart health. Try it for a mid-week dinner, or make for a dinner party on the weekend.
Adapted from recipe by foodnessgracious
1 piece large Salmon whole or 4 salmon fillets
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, seperated
Sea salt and black pepper, to season
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
2cm piece of ginger, grated
1 cup green lentils (soaked overnight in filtered water)
3 cups chicken bone broth/stock
1 cup water
1 red capsicum, chopped
1 yellow capsicum, chopped
1 zucchini chopped into small pieces
1 avocado halved
¼ cup green onion, chopped
¼ cup cup walnuts or almonds, roughly chopped
Two handfuls spinach
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Place the capsicum and zucchini on a large tray. Drizzle the veggies with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put into the oven (once heated) and bake for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, drain lentils. Add to a saucepan with the broth/stock and water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes (until soft). Drain, rinse with cold water, set aside.
3. Add all dressing ingredients (except oil) to a blender or food processor and mix until combined. Slowly add the olive oil until well mixed. Set aside.
4. Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic and ginger in a small bowl. Rub on each side of the salmon fillet/s. Remove veggies from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Warm a fry pan or grill over medium-high heat. Place the salmon skin side up and cook for around 8-10 minutes. Flip salmon over and cook on the other side, until just pink in the middle. Remove from heat and let it rest, covered with some foil.
6. Add veggies to a large stainless steel bowl with green onion, nuts, spinach, lentils, and dressing. Toss to combine. Cut avocado in half, or into slices.
7. Serve salmon with salad. Enjoy!