Winter Warming Recipe
Warm up this winter with a big bowl of our chicken and vegetable stew! Packed full of nourishing and gut healing chicken broth, garlic, ginger and veggies, this one will be a favourite with the whole family. Thanks to our Melbourne Naturopath and Nutritionist Lina Capovilla for this delicious recipe!
- 4 organic or free-range chicken Marylands
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 brown or white onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 cm knob of fresh ginger - grated
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups home-made chicken broth/stock
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium celeriac or 2 sticks of celery chopped
- 1/4 small pumpkin, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 bunch spinach
- fresh parsley leaves
- Sautee the onion, garlic and ginger in olive oil until fragrant. Add the chicken Marylands individually and lightly brown each side. Sprinkle with just a pinch of sea or Himalayan salt.
- Add the chicken broth/stock, carrots, celery or celeriac, cauliflower, potatoes, pumpkin and 1/2 tsp salt. Turn the heat setting on low. Stir everything together, cover and cook for about 1.5 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, add the fresh spinach and chopped parsley leaves. Add fresh chilli to taste if you like it hot.
- Serve with cooked brown rice or quinoa.
If you would like more fabulous recipes to boost immunity this winter book a naturopathic consultation now! If you get hit with any nasty colds this winter remember that we have natural alternatives to treat cold and flu this season.