Myotherapy: Soft Tissue Specialist in Melbourne
Do you have aches or pains that you want to be free of? Then it’s time you came to see a qualified Myotherapist at Vital Chi Wellness. We are an holistic wellness centre in Blackburn Melbourne.
Myotherapy is the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions that may affect movement and mobility and cause muscular pain and dysfunction. Muscular dysfunction can be caused by trauma, overload or misuse of muscles. Myotherapy is applied in the prevention, corrective and rehabilitative phases of therapy to restore and maintain the normal integrity of the soft tissue structures (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia).
Depending on the condition a myotherapist may utilise soft tissue manipulation, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, dry needling, cupping, thermal or cryotherapy therapies, passive/active muscle stretching, electro-mechanical stimulation and corrective or rehabilitative exercises and core stability exercises.
A consultation involves taking a thorough medical history, carrying out a range of tests (muscular, joint and neurological), assessing lifestyle and occupational factors that may be influencing the injury or concern as well as manual palpation of muscles. The aim is to identify and treat the cause as well as the symptom.
- Acute and chronic stiff and painful neck
- Acute/chronic back pain/sciatica
- Arthritis/multiple sclerosis
- Pregnancy- pre/post-natal complaints
- Stiffness and pain associated with poor posture
- Associated joint and vertebral dysfunction and pain
- Shoulder pain
- Impingement syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Hand/finger numbness/tingling- thoracic outlet syndrome
- Acute and chronic conditions affecting function and mobility
- Knee, leg, hip, ankle and foot pain- shin splints
- Chronic overuse syndromes- tendonitis and RSI
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Carpal tunnel
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Pain and dysfunction associated with stress and tension
- Rehabilitative stage of an injury or illness
Myotherapy treatment can be effective at any stage of a concern or injury, be it corrective, rehabilitative and preventative.
To make an appointment call 98940014 or email us at email@example.com
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Continue your wellness journey with lifestyle
tips, activities, recipes and Discount Vouchers.