Osteopath at our Blackburn clinic and change your life today!
Tanvi graduated from Melbourne’s RMIT University with a Masters in Osteopathy and a Bachelors in Applied Science and is a member of the Australian Osteopathic Association.
Tanvi was inspired to pursue a career in this field of manual medicine due to the holistic approach of osteopathic treatment. Tanvi was intrigued by the principles of osteopathy, especially the concept that acknowledges the body is a unit and that all regions are intrinsically interconnected.
Prior to becoming an Osteopath, Tanvi was a qualified sports trainer for numerous football clubs and completed courses in massage to assist in the treatment of musculoskeletal presentations. Tanvi continues to attend regular seminars & conferences to maximise her knowledge and provide the highest standards of osteopathic treatment.
Tanvi's extensive qualifications allow her to incorporate a wide variety of techniques in treatment, including deep tissue massage, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, muscle energy techniques, joint manipulations, dry needling, craniosacral therapy and visceral mobilisations to optimise body functioning at a holistic level.
All treatments are specific to the needs of the individual and individually tailored with great emphasis on prevention of injury re-occurrence. Tanvi enjoys keeping herself active through involvement in activities such as dancing, tennis & rowing and encourages her patients to do the same to aid them on the journey to a happier healthier life.
- Masters of Osteopathy: RMIT University
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences/Comp Medicine: RMIT University
- Certificate of Global Posturology Level 3 (Proprioception Australia)
- Dry Needling (Global Education of Manual Therapists)
- Certificate of Whole Body Massage (All Regions Massage School)
- Short Course in Swedish Massage (Australian College of Natural Medicine)
- Paediatric Case History and Examination (Dr. Caroline Stone D.O (Hons), Msc(Ost), Med)
- Certificate in Sports Training (SMA: Sports Medicine Australia)
- Certificate in First Aid Training
- Neck & Back Pain
- Disc Injuries & Scoliosis
- Sciatic Pain
- Postural Pain
- Posture Control Insoles
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Sporting Injuries: Tennis Elbow: Shoulder Pain: Shin Splints
- Headaches & Migraines
- Chronic Pain
- Asthma & breathing difficulties
- Arthritis & Joint pain
- Paediatric & Maternity Care
- Australian Osteopathic Association
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency