Get natural relief from the pain and suffering of endometriosis
Endometriosis is a painful condition that can have serious implications for women. It is one of the most common causes of female infertility. The good news is that Melbourne Wellness can help treat endometriosis with a variety of natural treatments, free of drugs. For help, make an appointment with one of Melbourne Wellness' naturopaths, who help those who suffer from Endometriosis in Melbourne.
What is endometriosis?
Endometriosis develops when the lining of the uterus (the endometrium) is situated outside of the uterus (normally it stays inside). The lining can grow, and even menstruate, producing lesions and resulting in chronic or acute pelvic pain.
Do you have endometriosis?
Endometriosis affects between 10 and 15 percent of menstruating women between the ages of 24 and 40. Endometriosis often takes years to develop, and is commonly undiagnosed because it’s mistaken for period pain. However, extreme period pain is not normal, so if you suspect something is not right you should make an appointment to have your symptoms checked.
It’s important to also realise that in about one third of cases, endometriosis can have few or no symptoms. Endometriosis can lead to infertility and miscarriage, so it’s very important that the condition is identified and treated as early as possible.
Symptoms of endometriosis progressively worsen over time. Besides’period-like’ pain and cramps when you have your period, other symptoms of endometriosis include:
- Acute pain before menstruation, which can last for a day or two during menstruation or throughout the month
- Pain during sex
- Infertility (difficulty getting pregnant)
- Pain with bladder/bowel function
- Intestinal pain
- Tenderness when affected areas are palpated
- Vomiting, diarrhoea and/or fainting with the intense pelvic/abdominal cramping
- Chronic bearing-down pain and pressure on the lower back, which may radiate down the legs with menstruation
- Fatigue, especially with menstruation
Risk factors for endometriosis
There are a number of theories surrounding why endometriosis develops. Naturopaths recognise that a hormonal imbalance, particularly increased or unbalanced oestrogen levels (‘oestrogen dominance’), is a major contributing factor.
Besides a hormonal imbalance, other risk factors for developing endometriosis include:
- Genetic predisposition / Inheriting the condition from your mother
- Immune system dysfunction
- ‘Retrograde’ blood flow (blood flowing in the opposite direction to’normal’)
- Shorter menstrual cycle, with longer than average duration of blood flow
- Lack of exercise from an early age
- High fat diet
- Use of intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Excessive use of tampons
Don’t ignore endometriosis
Left untreated, endometriosis can lead to infertility and further health problems. So, don’t ignore’period pain’. Make an appointment with an experienced, caring naturopath at Melbourne Wellness, and find a natural solution to endometriosis. You can make an appointment online, email us , or phone us on (03) 8528 2079.
How Can Melbourne Wellness Naturopaths Help Treat Endometriosis?
Melbourne Wellness's experienced naturopaths can offer natural, drug-free treatment for endometriosis. Naturopathy takes a holistic approach to your health, assessing the ‘whole person’ and using accurate diagnostic testing to identify the causes and contributing factors to your condition. You can read more about Naturopathy here.
Here’s what you can expect:
1. Your naturopath will take a thorough case history to determine the cause and severity of your condition. 2. They may recommend saliva hormonal testing, and other medical investigations to confirm endometriosis 3. Based on this, your naturopath will advise particular dietary and lifestyle adjustments, as well as prescribing herbal and nutritional medicines tailored specifically to your symptoms and the underlying issue(s).
Their approach may include:
- balancing hormones
- optimising liver function
- releasing toxins from your body
- normalising your body’s immune response.
Start Your Wellness Journey
Get In Touch with us today
We offer a free 15 minute consultation for all new customers.
Enquire about any of our services and book a consultation with one of our specialist therapists.