Are You Suffering from lack of energy or libido?
As much as we men don’t want to acknowledge this medical fact, we are also under the influence of hormones. Andropause is characterised by declining of androgens, the most commonly known is testosterone.
It is a normal part of ageing, although for some men this is accompanied by a gradual and undesirable decline in their sexuality, mood and overall energy. Sometimes leading to even more serious conditions such as heart disease, osteoporosis and debilitating depression.;
Having a general check of your testosterone levels is very important, particularly in men over forty.
What are the symptoms of Andropause?
Andropause Symptoms can be both Physical and Psychological
Physiological: headaches, tinnitis, slow bowel movements/constipation, tendency to sunburn easily, fat accumulation around belly (pot belly), high cholesterol, bone fractures and poor muscle repair/weak muscles.
Re-energise your life now and book and appointment!click here to make an appointment
Psychological: low libido, irritability, poor mood/concentration/sleep, depression and lowered ability to cope with stress leading to anxiety.
Reproductive: prostate infections, pale dry glans penis, prostate enlargement or reduction, poor erection and low ejaculate volume
Some questions you should ask yourself:
- Do you have a decrease in libido?
- Do you have a lack of energy?
- Do you have a decrease in strength and /or endurance?
- Have you lost height?
- Have you noticed a decreased enjoyment of life
- Are you sad and/or grumpy?
- Are your erections less strong?
- Have you noted a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports?
- Are you falling asleep after dinner?
- Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?
What depletes testosterone and androgens?
- Intense endurance/exercise
- Intense emotional stress
- Foods high in saturated fats
- Adrenal fatigue: characterised by constant tiredness
- Poor sleep
The Role of Testosterone in Men
- Safeguards cardiovascular system
- Prevents against diabetes and obesity
- Maintains healthy reproductive system
- Supports brain and nervous function
- Bone density
- Muscle mass
- Improves mood and memory
- Reduces anxiety
Naturopathy can offer personalised treatment, assessing your symptoms using clinical and pathology testing according to naturopathic principles to ensure stable levels of androgens and to address other factors affecting optimal bodily function. A whole range of clinically proven nutritionals in addition to specific herbs that are indicated in correcting androgens imbalance can be utilised. With correct assessment, our Naturopath can personalise natural treatments along with dietary and lifestyle changes to improve and restore your body balance and vigour for life.