Change your performance now and book an appointment for Sports Chiropractic!
Chiropractic is a great way to keep progressing with your sport, fitness or exercise. Just as regular exercise is beneficial to our health,
so are regular chiropractic adjustments. Muscular imbalances, altered spinal curves and tension rob your body of energy. Chiropractic
care improves spinal function and relieves interference to your nervous system. This enables the body to function more effectively,
making it efficient in providing us with energy.
Many initially seek out a chiropractor only after they have been injured. However research is showing that sporting injuries (particularly
hamstring injuries) could be dramatically reduced through the inclusion of chiropractic care. This research done on VFL players also
demonstrated significant reductions in non-contact knee injuries, low back pain and showed improvements in physical components of health1
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
In addition to improving performance, speed and agility, ongoing chiropractic care can offer several health and wellness benefits vital
- Improved Posture
- Increased Range of Motion
- Increased Flexibility
- Reduced Risk of Injury
- Reduced Migraines and Severe Headaches
- Improved Recovery After Sports Injuries
- Increased Blood Circulation and Oxygen Flow in Body
- Pain Reduction in Major Joints
- Better Focus and Concentration
- Reduced Stress
- Improved Immune System (for warding off common illnesses and diseases)
Chiropractic Care Improves Performance and Reduces Recovery Time
An athlete requires all parts of their body to work in a co-ordinated, systematic manor for the highest level of performance. If injuries
ever occur, rapid recovery time is essential. Correct body mechanics and a healthy nervous system are essential for rapid resolution
of spinal joints, muscles and ligaments. Athletes whose nerves are working at their peak recover quicker from injuries and attain greater
Chiropractors do not prescribe drugs or surgery, but have developed more natural techniques to assist the body to function at its
optimal level. Studies reveal that Chiropractic improves agility, balance, power and speed of reaction time of people under care. On
speed of reaction time there was an 18% improvement in reaction times compared to 1% by the control group3.
This is a great advantage to any athlete.
For these reasons, more and more top performing athletes are receiving Chiropractic care to aid their performance and give them the
‘edge’ to their winning ways. The fastest man in the world: Usain Bolt regularly utilises chiropractic care to improve his performance.
Other athletes that utilise this specialised care include Serena Williams, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan and numerous AFL stars.
Make an Appointment
To find out more on how you can keep your body functioning at its optimum, call our friendly reception team at Vitalchi on 03 9894 0014
make an appointment online
to see Dr Melissa Car
, our sports chiropractor
Chiropractic Consults are covered by all major Private Health Insurers. Here at Vitalchi we can process
your rebate directly through our Hicaps terminal, so you get your claim payment on the spot, with no
1. Hoskins W, Pollard HP. The effect of a sports chiropractic manual therapy intervention on the prevention of back pain, hamstring and lower limb injuries in semi-elite Australian Rules footballers: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2010;11(1):64
2. Grimston, S.K., J.R. Engsberg, L. Shaw, N.W. Vetane. Muscular Rehabilitation Prescribed in Coordination with Prior Chiropractic Therapy as a Treatment for Sacroiliac Subluxation in Female Distance Runners. Chiropractic Sports Medicine, 1990; 4: 2-9
3. Lauro, A., B. Mouch. Chiropractic Effects on Athletic Ability. Chiropractic: The Journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigation, 1991; 6; 84-87