FREE Spinal Analysis for your child with Dr Diana or Dr MelissaVitalchi are delighted to offer a Free Spinal Analysis for your child.
During this FREE consult your Chiropractor will assess:
- The function of the nervous system
- Health and structure of the spine
Visit us for a No Obligation assessment to see if Chiropractic care is appropriate for your child.
Valued at $77!
Click here to email us your booking request or call us on 03 9894 0014 to find out more.
Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on the relationship between the spine and nervous system.
Chiropractors focus on the relationship between joints, muscles and the nervous system (neuromusculoskeletal disorders), and recognise that structural problems can affect the function of the body and health in general.
Chiropractors specialise in detecting decreased spinal joint motion and use a very specific and controlled force, called a spinal adjustment to address it. An adjustment can also be applied to the joints of the arms or legs
Chiropractic has an excellent safety record. It is the result of a conservative approach to health that avoids the unnecessary use of invasive procedures and addictive drugs.
In relation to the treatment of neck and back pain, a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics showed that a course of chiropractic care was 250 times safer than a course of anti-inflammatory drugs.
Chiropractic adjustments are gentle and safe. The force needed to adjust the developing and flexible spine of a child is far less than the pressure applied to an adult.
How Can Chiropractic Help Children?
Children are our future. Our children’s future health and development is vastly shaped in the early years of their life. The decisions that parents make now regarding the health of their children can significantly impact their wellbeing as they grow and become adults themselves.
The key elements for helping to ensure that children grow to become vibrant, healthy beings include:
- proper nutrition (getting back to basics and eating what Mother Nature provided us with)
- movement (the key to life)
- play (imagination and interaction)
- a healthy nervous system (brain, spinal cord and nerves)
Chiropractic is a primary health care modality that is used by many parents and families globally. . Parents are using chiropractor for their children to ensure a greater chance of achieving optimal health and wellness by having a nervous system that is free of interference caused by a vertebral subluxation. Parents also use chiropractors to become empowered with information to make more informed choices about the health and wellbeing of their children.
What is a Subluxation?
A vertebral (spinal) subluxation is broadly defined as joint changes that compromise nervous system integrity and may influence the individuals general health.
A subluxation affects the incoming nerve messages of the body. More specifically, when there is altered movement of the spinal joints it can interfere with nerve messages from the brain to body and body to brain.
Spinal subluxation is very common and does not always produce pain (as the majority of nerves are not pain-sensing). Subluxations can be caused by physical, chemical or mental/emotional stressors.
Chiropractic for Babies
Getting babies checked for subluxations as soon after birth, can make a difference not only to their lives, but also to the wellbeing of the whole family. A well settled and developing infant is less stressful to one that is unsettled, fussy, crying and not sleeping well.
A chiropractic assessment of a neonate or infant includes a comprehensive history outline, a thorough physical exam including primitive reflexes, developmental milestones and a neurological evaluation. An assessment and adjustments are performed gently and are as least invasive as possible.
Symptoms of Spinal misalignment in Children
Health is not just about having no symptoms, it is more about having an optimally functioning system, where there is balance, growth and harmony between the parts of the body. In children some of the possible signs of a subluxation could include:
- sleeping difficulties or challenges
- feeding difficulties
- altered movement patterns (e.g. walking, posture)
- development and milestone delays
- altered or decreased immune function (e.g recurrent ear or sinus infections)
- behavioural changes or difficulties
- bed wetting
- low energy levels
Assessing your child for possible subluxations
Some great ways for parents to quickly assess their children for potential or possible subluxations are:
- Look at their posture - are their ears, shoulders, hips even? Are their arms hanging gently by their side, are their feet aligned?
- Have there been any changes in their personality? Are they getting a little irritable and grumpy, when they are normally calm, easy going and happy?
- Is their attention span starting to decrease?
- Are they tripping often and being a little more clumsy than normal?
- When they lay on the bed, are their leg lengths even?
- Are they getting recurrent ear infections, colds or other immune challenges?
If your child is demonstrating some of these signs, it may be an indicator that they have vertebral subluxations affecting their function and health and it’s time to get the skills of a chiropractor for children.
Having children checked for spinal subluxations early can help to ensure that they grow up healthy, vital and with optimum function.
- Babies after birth
- Children with immune system dysfunction
- Children with learning difficulties
- Children exhibiting behavioural problems
- Children with acute and chronic ear infections
- Low-back, mid-back & neck pain
- Headaches & migraines
- Car accident injuries & whiplash
- Sports injuries
- Hip, knee, ankle & foot injuries
Make an Appointment
Make an appointment online today to improve your child's health. If you prefer, you can email us, or phone us on (03) 9894-0014. We will be pleased to help you. Our clinic in Blackburn, Melbourne, is open six days a week.