Staying Healthy in a Toxic World
In our busy modern world, toxins are commonly encountered. Environmental toxins include things like heavy metals, pesticides, chemicals, food additives, drugs and pollutants, which are present in the air, water and food that we consume. Toxins do not only come from your external environment, they can also be generated internally by “unfriendly” bacteria, yeasts and parasites in your digestive systems.
Your body is an amazing machine which can eliminate all these toxins through many different pathways; however, excess toxic exposure can overburden this machine. If you are not feeling 100%, a detoxification program will help to reduce this toxic load from your body and put a spring back into your step. Ask us today about a safe and effective detoxification program which will help to remove the toxic load from your body.
It’s Time for a Spring Clean!
A natural detoxification program can be one of the most effective ways to rapidly improve the state of your health, as it will help clear toxins out of your body and leave you feeling healthy and energetic. However, detoxification is serious business and your safety and comfort during the process is important. Therefore, the best detox is a program done under the guidance and support of a qualified healthcare practitioner. Come in today and talk to us about the best detoxification program to suit your individual needs.
The Three Step Spring Clean
A good detox program should involve three major steps. First, you need to remove the “bad” bugs from your digestive system; and then replace the “bad” bugs with new “good” bugs (out with the old and in with the new). Finally, you need to support and enhance your liver’s and kidneys’ capacity to remove waste from your body.
During your detox, it is really important to eat a healthy well balanced diet. Ask us today about the best diet for your individual requirements to ensure you are eating the right foods for your body in order to maximise the detoxification process. There are some simple diet changes you can make today to help reduce your level of toxicity:
• Always look for fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables. You may be able to get some great buys at the local growers markets or the nearby fruit shop. It is always preferable to buy organic produce when you can.
• Remember to avoid packaged and processed foods as much as possible.
• It is important to eliminate foods containing artificial colours, flavours, additives and flavour enhancers, as well as foods containing hydrogenated fats. This information is usually contained in the ingredients list on the food label.
• Read the ingredients list to ensure that the food does not contain high amounts of saturated fat, gluten and sugar. Sugar can be in the form of glucose, sucrose, fructose, corn syrup, maltodextrin, dextrose, malt syrup, molasses, maltose, lactose or honey.
• Fresh vegetable juice makes a great addition to a healthy diet. If you own a juicer, try juicing carrots, apples, ginger, fresh beetroot, celery and lemons.
Guess what... All Vitalchi practitioners are doing a 2 week spring detox, because we believe in practicing what we preach! Ask any of us how we are going!
Continue reading: Time to Detox