What is Eczema?
Eczema is the term used to refer specifically to atopic dermatitis. Dermatitis is the general term used for any type of inflammation of the skin. Eczema or atopic dermatitis or in children infantile eczema is a condition known to affect allergy prone individuals. The inflammation of the skin produced scaling, flaking, thickening, weeping, crusting, colour changes and often itching.
What are the symptoms of Eczema?
Eczema typically appears as a rash of inflammation of the skin. Affecting areas of the face, in the bends of the elbows, behind the knees, the area is often red and swollen with either tiny pimple like blisters that weep or dry, scaly skin which is very itchy. In children, it usually appears in the first year of life and almost always in the first five years.
Change your life now and book and appointment to treat Eczema!Click here to make an appointment
What causes Eczema?
The causes are many and varied. It can be caused by a number or substances that irritate the skin. Stress and anxiety can play a large role in either causing or exacerbating the problem. Household chemicals and cleaners, detergents, shampoos, make-up, moisturisers and even some plants such as poison ivy and nettles can trigger attacks. Metals such as gold, silver and nickel have also been found to cause skin irritation. Sensitivity to sunlight can cause a rash in some people. Prescription drugs and antibiotics can also be associated with triggering eczema. Whatever the irritant prolonged exposure with only make the condition worse.
How can Vitalchi Nutrition help Treat Eczema?
Vitalchi’s experienced naturopaths can offer natural, drug-free treatment for Eczema. Naturopathy takes a holistic approach to your health, assessing the ‘whole person’ and using accurate diagnostic testing to identify the causes and contributing factors to your condition.
Here’s what you can expect:
1. Your Naturopath will take a thorough case history to determine the cause and severity of your condition.
2. They may recommend testing, and other medical investigations to confirm symptoms and to eliminate any underlying factors, or conditions.
3. Based on this, your Naturopath will advise particular dietary and lifestyle adjustments, as well as prescribing nutritional medicines tailored specifically to your symptoms and the underlying issue(s).
Their approach may include:
- Reducing inflammation
- Promote skin healing
- Identification of foods to avoid/include in the diet
- Address underlying/concomitant conditions such as treat gut dysbiosis; assess food allergies and support liver function.